Hi all! This is my first post on the class blog (or any blog that I can think of, for that matter…!) so I’m just going to give it my best shot. When I first got home, more than a month ago now, I found it impossible to write. As someone who is usually journaling all the time and who loves to write poetry, this felt uncomfortable and foreign. I think I was afraid to put down in words all of the tumult I was experiencing inside--or I was afraid that writing would reveal different kinds of tumult that I wasn’t even aware of experiencing. Maybe it was a bit of both. Regardless, although things are still very far from “normal,” I’ve finally started to write again, and it’s brought a sense of rhythm and creativity to my days which I wouldn’t trade for the world. As I’m sure many of us have, I’ve been thinking a lot about Emily recently, and how this forced reclusion we are all undergoing makes her poems, thoughts, and lived experiences that much more relevant and real. I’ve felt Emily...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete