Enjoy this vintage Emily Dickinson post from the summer of 2013, when we were courageously trying to occupy our kids for the summer!
POEM 1/ March 30 I tie my Hat — I crease my Shawl — Life's little duties do — precisely — As the very least Were infinite — to me — I put new Blossoms in the Glass — And throw the old — away — I push a petal from my Gown That anchored there — I weigh The time 'twill be till six o'clock I have so much to do — And yet — Existence — some way back — Stopped — struck — my ticking — through — We cannot put Ourself away As a completed Man Or Woman — When the Errand's done We came to Flesh — upon — There may be — Miles on Miles of Nought — Of Action — sicker far — To simulate — is stinging work — To cover what we are From Science — and from Surgery — Too Telescopic Eyes To bear on us unshaded — For their — sake — not for Ours — 'Twould start them — We — could tremble — But since we got a Bomb — And held it in our Bosom — Nay — Hold it — it is calm — Therefore — we do life's labor — Though life's Reward — be done — With scrupulous exactness — To hold our Se...
Comments
Post a Comment